Monday, September 13, 2010

After years of forgettable dreaming, why is it that I am suddenly having the heaviest dreams, ever?

Sure, I would have the odd dream now and then, but they were so banal, so poorly sketched, that they evaporated upon waking, and I would be left not with fear or love but the day’s chores.

I will not describe my recent dreams, only that they affect how I feel upon waking, allowing others things to enter -- like yesterday, when I awoke to those Chilean miners who have been trapped underground a month and may not see daylight until Christmas.

What is that like, to be underground so long, and in those conditions? I imagine it will get worse once the miners are freed, the world hounding them, studying them, forever sending them back into that hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment