Thursday, October 28, 2010

Slobodan,

I am sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with my response to what is becoming an increasingly oblique email about ethnographic research, my education, and why. I feel I gave it my best, given what I was given.

Yes, the poetry collection and ethnography are, for me, important book forms. I made something of this in American Whiskey Bar (1997), which you say you have read and have offered to rewrite, as a sequel. Not sure that is necessary, but…

If I were to return to Kingsway (1995), I might do so as Daphne Marlatt did to Steveston (1974), or as William Carlos Williams composed Paterson (1963), a book (of books) that has remained with me since I first came upon it at a White Rock thrift store thirty years ago.

Sorry I cannot answer the last question. I have never heard of the author, nor can I find anything online.

Sincerely,
Michael Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment