Sunday, August 28, 2011

A small room above a bay window. A single bed, a table and chair, and a sink. I could manage something larger, with more conveniences, but I could never match the view.

I have started a drawing. It will last only as long as my pencil's tip. I am hoping to draw the pencil tip as it reflects the afternoon light.

The paper format is bigger than the table and had to be ordered from India. The pencil tip I am drawing will be larger than the dimensions of the table, making it impossible to draw the length of the tip in an uninterrupted motion.

I am using an F pencil, the kind we were issued in Grade One. For years I thought the F pencil was the hardest, until I saw this chart (from softest to hardest):

6B, 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, B, HB, F, H, 2H, 3H, 4H, 5H, 6H

Once completed, I will enter my drawing in the Banff Mountain Film Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment