Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two Markets




Two markets this morning, both very different.

The first took place in front of the Shoneberg Rathaus, whose clock tower I can see from our balcony at Innsbruckerstrasse. Close to a hundred tables of mostly old things -- clothes, jewelry, tools, books, records, games and my favorite, photographs, of which I purchased seven.

The second market was located a mile or so northeast -- east on Belziger, then north on Akazien to Winterfeldtplatz. Here the goods are new -- new from the garden and new from the oven. New clothes, new jewelry, new toys… From this market I purchased a ciabatta, a cucumber and basket of strawberries.

Not sure what lies ahead for the rest of the day, though Judy mentioned Catherine David has curated an exhibition at the Haus der Kulturen der Welt, where they will be showing films this afternoon. As much as I would like to ride my bike there (up Martin Luther, then east on John Foster Dulles), Deutscher Wetterdienst is calling for a Gewitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment