Saturday, September 15, 2012

"My Sister Gave Me a Blank Book"




In February 1994 Jason Grant and I organized a reading tour of the Pacific Northwest for 2.13.61 authors Don Bajema and Exene Cervenka (the publishing house is named after the birthdate of its publisher, Henry Rollins). Also on the tour was Professor Griff, by then a non-member of Public Enemy.

While there were many odd and wonderful things that happened on our tour, what I remember best are the tales these three told on our drives between gigs, the most memorable concerning their early years, growing up hard in the United States, and the insights they gained from their experiences.

It has been a while since I last saw Exene. She is truly unique, and I miss her. Very happy to see that she is making herself available to today's youth, reminding them of their youth, and of the importance of Fear's enemy -- Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment