Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kurfürstendamm



A warm Berlin morning as I set out for Cafe Sur, already caffeinated but happy to connect with my favourite outdoor patio, if only to remind myself that I am here, in Berlin, and not dreaming.

Purchased some postcards along the way, as well as some pencil crayons and a few sheets of 4"x 6" paper, in the event that I might make my own.

In the afternoon Judy and I rode to Kurfürstendamm, to the KaDeWe, but also to Galerie Buchholz, where we saw a nicely managed "Early Works" exhibition of Isa Genzken, which included vitrines of contextual material, serial and permutating pieces, as well as those indicative of her means over ends tendency.

Such an intriguing artist, Isa Genzken. People still talk fondly of her installation at the German Pavillon for the 2007 Venice Biennale.

As we were leaving I noticed a small square mirror set waist-high in the middle of the downstairs gallery door. Instinctively I reached into my pocket and handed the mirror the exhibition's folded-over press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment