Sunday, June 1, 2014

Northwest Coast



Three days since my return to Vancouver. Naturally the garden is more robust now than it was when I left it. Missed the explosion of my "Miss Kim"  lilac, but was here for the first of what should be many edible nasturtium flowers.

I will spend the next few days working on my review of the Berlin Biennale for Canadian Art, peeking at what others have published, some of which I agree with.

After that I begin work on essays for Babak Golkhar's upcoming exhibition at Sazman Aab in Tehran and Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun's exhibition at the Museum of Anthropology at UBC. And after that, what I hope will be the completion of a manuscript, entitled 9x11.

Below is a photograph I took of Yuxweluptun's Downtown Vancouver (1987) at Dahlem, part of the Ethnological Museum's permanent collection -- and among the last things you see as you leave its "Northwest Coast" section.


No comments:

Post a Comment