Thursday, May 12, 2016

Potlatch



I was early for the People's Co-op Bookstore board meeting, so I wandered about the shop looking at what's new in new and used.

It did not take long before I came upon one of my favourite book covers of all time: George Clutesi's Potlatch (Sidney: Gray's Publishing, 1969).

As I often do when I come upon a book I like, I open it.


For those unfamiliar with the term, to "strip" a book refers to the return of an unsold trade paperback to the publisher. Rather than return the entire book, and accrue additional shipping charges, only the cover is returned (proof of non-purchase), rendering the remainder of the book unsellable.

Speaking of the People's Co-op Bookstore, on May 19th the shop will host a reading featuring two friends of the late Peter Culley -- Lee Ann Brown and Elisa Ferrari. For more information, call 604 253  6442.

No comments:

Post a Comment