Saturday, November 4, 2017

Central Road



This morning I took a different route to the Co-op. Whereas previous walks had me travelling via Seawright Road, today I took Sandpiper. The time difference is almost negligible, with Sandpiper maybe a minute longer.

While walking along the section of Central Road that precedes the Seawright junction I came upon a cistern. I had never really noticed it before, but now it can't be helped. "Look at me!" it insists, "Not only am I here to do what I was put here to do -- I am also a support for a seascape painted in the happy graphic style!"

Why can't a cistern be a cistern anymore? Same with those beautiful cement silos at Granville Island that Barry Mowatt had painted as part of his open showroom sculpture biennale?


No comments:

Post a Comment