Monday, January 29, 2018

Two Artists



Things happen, and when they do we reach for our phones. A picture to establish what is happening and, since the phone is out, a couple more of just goofing around.

While reviewing my pictures on the train home I delete those I don't want. Sometimes I see things in them and, with my phone's "edit" and "crop" functions, I zero in, forsaking fresh ice clarity for scuffed-up impressionism (on bad paper).

A couple weeks ago Jacob Korczynski was at the Or Gallery to launch a new publication of work by Andrew James Paterson. The publication is entitled called Collection/Correction (2018), and Jacob showed some of Andrew's videos as well.

I sat with Anne, Julia and Tiziana, who, during the projection of Eating Regular (2004), took out her notebook and wrote something down. That's when I took a picture of the event that later became the picture above -- of Or Gallery Interim Associate Director Kate Noble and, below her, artist Cornelia Wyngaarden.

1 comment: